The IHG group is a vast group, spread around the world, thereby offering significant benefits to the members. We offer reward programs to ensure that every member enjoys in the hotels and gets significant discounts on the purchases. We want to help our clients in every possible way. The IHG group keeps on updating its programs for the convenience of the people. Over time we have been offering different reward programs, credit card programs to let the people avail discounts. The unique reward program credit card helps the customers to earn free night stays around 5200 hotels
in the world.
With the IHG Credit Cards, you get to enjoy your stay at numerous hotels in different locations around the world. The reward rate is usually fixed at 3.9%. On the occasion of cardmember anniversary, you may also get complimentary free night stay. The customer needs to pay $0 as the annual charge if he is paying the first charge. That is why this one is one of the most favorite credit cards amongst all. However, after that, the customers are required to pay a minimum amount if $49 each year as the maintenance charges.
Types of IHG Credit Cards
The users get to enjoy the benefits of two different IHG Credit cards. They can choose any one of these two. It entirely depends on the user. The two different types of IHG Credit Cards include the following.
IHG Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card
This card is the best for users who are unwilling to pay excessive annual fees. This credit card offers several benefits, and it isn’t that expensive as well. It is the most suitable option for infrequent travelers. Moreover, the best thing is you will get many advantages. As per the instructions of IHG,
these card holders can earn points for making purchases on gas, grocery and restaurant dining.
IHG Rewards Club Premier Card
If you wish to win rewards and credits, one after the other, then Premier Card may be the most suitable option for you. This Credit card has a lot of benefits to offer such as an extra free night stay or $100 credit statement. If you are one of those frequent travelers, then you will get to enjoy a lot of benefits through this card. You don’t need to worry about the annual fee, as it is very affordable.
Features of IHG Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card
- With IHG Hotel Stays you get reward points of 5 per dollar whereas in case of purchases you get 2 points per dollar.
- While signing up, if you spend $2000 in the first three months itself, you are entitled to get 60000 points.
- The annual maintenance fee for this card is $29.
- As far as rewards value is concerned, it may amount up to $221.
- You don’t need to pay any transaction fee.
- In case of reward night stays, the fourth night is made free at the IHG hotels.
- If you spend more than $10000 in a year, you are entitled to the Gold Elite Status.
- You do not get the advantage of automatic elite status.
- The points should be redeemed within 12 months to avoid expiration.
- The hotel benefits are limited to a certain extent.
Features of IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
- For the hotel stays you get 10 points on each dollar you spent. For other purchases, you get
- an extra 1 point per dollar and 2 points per dollar for grocery and gas station purchases.
- If $2000 is spent in the first three months, you get an extra 80,000 points. If more than
- $5000 is spent in the first six months, you will receive the additional 40000 points.
- The annual maintenance charge for the card is $89.
- The reward value that you get in the card is approx $500.
- The foreign transaction fee isn’t applicable.
- The Platinum elite status is automated.
- During your card anniversary, you get a free night.
- The value of TSA Pre-check is about $100.
- Free fourth night for reward night stays in case of more than four-night stays.
- If you compare the other plans with the annual fees, you may find it a little expensive.
- The points expire within 12 months which is why it is necessary to redeem them.
Which is the best card?
Since there are two different IHG Credit Cards, it entirely depends on your decision to choose the best card. If you want to enjoy the elite status, you may consider getting this card. Comparatively, there are only a few differences in both the cards and you may choose accordingly.
If you are a frequent visitor if IHG hotels, you can get any of these two credit cards as per your convenience. Both of these come with different benefits that will make your stay comfortable.